Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 3

So the Modern Festival doesn't start until June 24.

Don't I look like a fool now.

Anyway, I played some more matches in the tournament practice room, but I'm becoming aware that I'll need to step out of it in order to face actual Tier 1 decks on a regular basis. Here's how I did yesterday:


Pretty good day results wise. Lost a match against Infect where he Wild Defiance'd me all three games. They were all really close and I feel a lot more confident in the matchup now.

Other highlights were a URW Control list featuring Skred. I think I sideboarded wrong in Game 2. I think he has the advantage in the long game, so I should be looking to protect the combo. Unfortunately in Game 3 he got mana screwed and it wasn't much of a game.

I was dramatically close to signing up for the 7pm Modern Daily. I just couldn't pull the trigger. Committing 4ish hours that late just wasn't too appealing to me. And to be honest, I'm still a little nervous about playing competent players right now. However, tomorrow there is a daily at noon which I think I'm going to play.

There wasn't a tough spot in the post yesterday, but I made sure there at least was an interesting one today. This was from my UB opponent who conceded the match after Game 1. I Peeked end step and this is what I saw:


What is happening here? I have literally no idea what the plan is. Later he milled away a Notion Thief, but that made me even more confused. I was a little disappointed I never got to find out.

Well that's all for today. I'll give a report on my first UR Twin Daily tomorrow.

Thanks for Reading!
- Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment